Cleaner and Lubricant in 1
AC90 contains both a cleaning agent and white spirit which will remove the majority of aged or dirty greases – two jobs can be achieved simultaneously.
White spirit has the advantage of being quick drying.
AC90 has a very high attraction to metal surfaces. This is the key to AC90’s performance. It is able to get under surface moisture and quickly spread its active ingredients into microscopic surface irregularities.
AC90 is ideal for switches, fuse boxes, electric motors and ignition systems.
- Flash point 43°C
- Boiling point 150°C
- Not water soluble
- Specific gravity 0.8
- Excellent low temperature stability
AC90 is the predominant lubricant used by the UK power line/distribution industry for the lubrication of High Speed Trip Circuit Breakers.
It is recognised by the industry as having a vast range of positive attributes:
- Excellent penetration
- High corrosion prevention
- High retention properties
- Easy application with a fine mist spray
- Silicone free
- Low cost
A two year study of AC90 was conducted by AE Technologies to judge its long term suitability as a lubricant in hight speed trip circuit breakers.
AC90’s dominant use in this application in the UK speaks clearly of the review’s findings and the suitability of the product, both as a cleaning agent and as a long term lubricant.
Previous failure of the mechanisms with other cleaning/lubricating methods were due to:
– hardening of old lubricants
– corrosion within the mechanism, possibly due to ill matching of cleaner & lubricant
– stiction – a blend of static and friction that has to be overcome to set one object in motion when it is in contact with another
AC90 has proven to have the positive characteristics to overcome these issues:
- Good fluidity – with little effect caused by aging
- Does not contain solid constituents which could settle or clog
- The ability to act as both a cleaning agent and lubricant
With this pedigree of performance and modest cost, why would you use anything but AC90?